Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 24847
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, open vacation policy, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an Electrical Engineer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of electrical controls to support customers with new proposals and bid preparations as well as supporting their existing projects. You will be covering a wide variety of daily duties, from communicating with customers in various markets and applications to determine their requirements and specifications, to supporting and delivering on the existing projects by collaborating with the design, finance and project management teams.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of electrical engineering, including:
- Preparing electrical engineering related proposals, engineering submittals, reports, design drawings, and bills of material.
- Designing, developing, executing, and evaluating electrical system testing specifications and process validation plans. You will mainly be focused on commercial power system integration, e.g. Prime mover, generator/AVR, GCP, MCC, etc.
- Creating and reviewing material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborating with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product system engineers to optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Partnering with our Field Service and Test teams for commissioning and production tests.
- Assisting sustaining and product improvement teams regarding electrical system components to provide quick response to production and field issues.
- Attending onsite witness of acceptance tests at vendor facilities.
What are we looking for?
- Completed bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, preferably with an emphasis in electrical power or controls
- Post-graduation experience, or direct experience from internships and coursework with PLC programming and electrical power and electrical controls
- Computer proficiency with an ERP system and with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Occasional domestic travel is required, up to 25% of the time
What would make you stand out?
- 3+ years of experience with PLC programming, specifically with Allen-Bradley, and electrical power and controls
- Applicable industry experience in power generation, specifically with generator applications, alternator applications, gensets, and load banks
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting energized electrical control wiring, such as found in control and instrument transformers (240 volt and 5 amps), and with protective relaying and high voltage up to 34.5kV
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for our focus on a culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016041
EEO Employer Verbiage: