Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25074
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Production Planner at Fairbanks Morse, you will be responsible for the development of departmental production schedules and prioritizing work orders derived from internal and external customer deliverables, whilst managing part inventory for the life cycle of each spare part.
Working within a heavy manufacturing environment, your role will include assessing capacity loads, bottlenecks, labor and material availability; both to advise management of capacity and supply chain constraints, and to enable you to lead the team in developing appropriate additional capabilities or recovery plans ensuring delivery targets are achieved. You'll collaborate cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, Engineering, Sales Operations, Sales, Procurement, and Category Managers to ensure attainment of the Master Schedule and timely shipment of engines and parts as committed to customers. You will be the single point of contact regarding scheduling, status, and priority of WIP Jobs in accord with the Master Schedule.
Within this position, you will take ownership of production planning, with additional responsibilities including:
- Scheduling the usage of production materials to ensure optimal production levels in accord with the Master Schedule, set Inventory levels, Turns and OTD goals.
- Analyzing actual and planned order release quantities by reviewing lead-times, set up times, part uniqueness and economic order quantity.
- Maintaining awareness of machine shop, assembly labor, work center capacity and schedules by reviewing and resolving scheduling problems through negotiated prioritization of Work Orders.
- Maintaining awareness of orders in-process and resolves off-schedule progress working with the appropriate Production Supervisor or Buyer to assure completion according to original date schedule, or presents mitigations to management during the daily Production meeting.
- Prioritizing, preparing, releasing and distributing Work Order documentation to Production for processing.
- Monitoring material supply and identifies shortages, or bottlenecks and driving mitigations in conjunction with the Purchasing and Material Supervisors.
- Managing deadlines based on project expectations and driving on time Work Order close out and corrects all manufacturing variances, whilst coordinating monthly shipment plans.
- Analyzing historical demand and current forecast to develop proper material replenishment mechanism on a periodic basis as defined by company policy.
- Managing part planning parameters, i.e., Item Master set up and Order Modifiers, in accord with company policy, inventory and established stocking levels in order to right size component inventory and meeting yearly inventory dollars and turns goals.
- Identifying and resolving problems relating to raw parts and in-process inventory, whilst addressing material and part quality issues found in production that require creation of non-standard work orders and require material replacement, other such tasks.
- Supporting cycle count activities in your specific area as requested by the Materials Supervisor during the yearly inventory audit, and providing feedback information on forecast deviations and inventory level projections.
- Supporting new engine program bids and special quotes, and actively providing support to any Make vs. Buy, or Outsourcing efforts.
- Supporting Customer Service, as well as Outside and Inside Sales in quoting expedited delivery of Spare Parts by providing the best manufacturing lead times, expedite fees and tradeoffs required.
- Updating all relevant metrics and performance indicators in the directed cadence, or as needed and producing required weekly, monthly and yearly reports based on findings and performance of production.
- Evaluating supplier quality, timeliness of deliveries and alignment with vendors when required by Purchasing, Quality, engineering or Category Mgmt. to goals.
What are we looking for?
- Completed associate's degree in operations, industrial engineering or supply chain
- 6+ years of experience in a production scheduling or planning role in a heavy manufacturing environment, handling a mix of job shop and project scheduling is vital to your success, including a strong understanding of MPS, MRP, PRP and DRP process and software.
- 2+ years of experience in new product introduction, or in a project planning environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software
- An ability to multi-task on numerous projects as an individual contributor an as a leader in cross-functional teams
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work in changing demands within a heavy manufacturing environment
What would make you stand out?
- Completed bachelor's degree in operations, industrial engineering, supply chain, or another relatable focus
- Experience working with Oracle or another ERP system (SAP, JD Edwards)
- Knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes and experience implementing lean manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of bills of material, drawings, and routings
- APICS certification
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status .
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Planner
Requisition Number: 2016069
EEO Employer Verbiage: