Inventory & Materials Coordinator
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 25087
Based in Houston, Texas, Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions engineers and manufactures a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services, including tapes and films, thread seal, rods and cylinders, compression- and isostatic-molded components, custom machining, high performance etching, semiconductor component cleaning and more.
Our state-of-the-art compounding laboratories and engineering capabilities allow us to work with customers to develop new polymer technologies that address specific critical application needs in a broad array of industries, including Aerospace, Semiconductor, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Chemical Processing, Industrial and Construction.
We are looking for an experienced high energy and detail oriented Inventory & Materials Coordinator to join our Houston, Texas team. We are located near the Beltway and 290. This exciting role will provide you the opportunity to grow your career and learn new skills while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
What you will be doing as Inventory & Materials Coordinator ...
The Inventory & Materials Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of inventory and materials, including controlling and maintaining accurate inventory records and counts within the system, manually selecting inventory at times and tracking in the system for various jobs. Controls and monitors the amount of material on hand through perpetual inventory methods
- ERP tracking and storage: Clearly understands the ERP query and update functions and executes such functions in a timely and accurate manner as directed by physical movement of material.
- Reporting and auditing of inventory and materials.
- Delivers raw material/supplies to designated stocking areas.
- Coordinates with Production Supervisor to review shop load demand.
- Completion of all administrative paperwork and data entry as it relates to inventory of both finished goods and raw materials.
- Confirms validity of shipments through comparisons to Purchase Order information.
- Places material into storage locations in a manner which will achieve best utilization of available space.
- Reviews inventory status for items requested on unplanned basis and determines whether items may be issued or planner approval must be obtained.
- Is keenly aware of the crucial need for physical-to-record accuracy and participates in cycle counting assignments as required.
- Updates information on computer to maintain inventory records.
- Performs special cycle counts and merchandise verification as requested.
- Works with Planning and Customer Service to ensure and communicate product availability.
- Researches, reconciles and resolves discrepancies and on-hand balance issues to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Assists in the timely manner of disbursement of warehouse inventory to proper departments.
- Maintains a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures and maintaining area as directed.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Accurately documents time worked by clocking in and out of payroll time clock
- Correctly documents all job activity and transactions in ERP system
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as back up in the Shipping Department as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required / Associate's Degree desired
- 2-5 years' recent experience in a similar role
- Computer literacy required, understanding of computers and transactions on an ERP system
- The ability multi- task, balance multiple projects at once and be detail oriented
- Prior experience working in a warehouse/ manufacturing environment required
- Ability to read and interpret inventory reports and job order pick lists
- A professional demeanor, the willingness to be a team player and able to work under pressure
- Basic Math skills necessary to count inventory and verify shipments
- the ability to operate a forklift proficiently and lift up to 35 pounds repetitively
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Technetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Inventory & Materials Coordinator
Requisition Number: 2016070
EEO Employer Verbiage: