Government Contract Specialist
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25131
Government Contract Specialist
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, unlimited vacation, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Government Contract Specialist at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of manufacturing contracts to expand the new engine sales group and bring in new perspective and solutions to the team whilst interacting with customers, which are primarily in the government or military. You will liaise between application engineers, the wider contracts and production teams, as well as finance to ensure our product offering is best in class and consistent with what our government customers have requested.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of proposals and bids, including:
- Assisting the Proposal Manager in executing the proposal development process for New Engine Sales by leading proposal development efforts.
- Collaborating with the cross functional teams through all phases of the proposal lifecycle: qualification, the proposal development process, and offer/contract reviews.
- Providing metrics on process effectiveness and efficiency and adjusts the commercial process and develops tools as needed.
- Conducting comprehensive review and breakdown of the customer request, engaging appropriate cross-functional team members.
- Communicating clearly any critical dates within the Marine segment team.
- Integrating data (i.e., price, delivery, scope, exceptions, etc.) into a clear, comprehensive proposal that communicates the FM value proposition.
- Working across the organization to identify solutions for any commercial, technical, execution, and financial risks in the project, developing appropriate mitigation and negotiation strategies.
- Supporting sales personnel in customer interactions including detailed offer reviews and contract negotiations.
- Developing and maintaining all commercial program documentation to ensure they meet Fairbanks Morse brand standards.
- Providing timely training to commercial process stakeholders on documentation updates and process changes.
- Tracking pricing and cost histories and variances and evaluates win/loss information to collaborate with Product Management on adjustments.
- Leading in a manner that supports the EnPro transformation and Fairbanks Morse's values of Safety, Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability.
What are we looking for?
- Direct industry experience of government program management, proposal development in a business-to-business (B2B) manufacturing environment with a long, complex sales cycle
- 2+ years of experience with a bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience with a high school diploma
- Possess knowledge of and demonstrated experience with proposals in excess of $20 million
What would make you stand out?
- Completed bachelor's degree in business or finance
- Experience with US Navy and/or other government contracting processes
- Experience to power systems engineering
- Strong knowledge and applications of software tools to prepare documents and conduct analysis, including web-based workflow software such as K-2 or JIRA
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Government Contract Specialist
Requisition Number: 2016079
EEO Employer Verbiage: