Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25132
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, unlimited vacation, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an Application Engineer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of large power systems to support our marine sector customers with planning, managing and executing technical proposals. Your role will see you working across large power systems and services that may include standard power systems, modified power systems and customized power systems whilst assisting the sales team in identifying and modifying the FM technical products.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of application engineering, including:
- Working within the proposal development process and collaborate with commercial management, engineering, procurement, and field service to develop proposals and future FM business
- Meeting and exceeding agreed-to deadlines and deliverable quality requirements in support of an effective proposal development process; and provide feedback on process improvement through appropriate channels.
- Reviewing customer Requests for Information (RFIs) Request For Proposals (RFPs) or any other inquiry and work with supply chain and Quality to determine the requested technical scope; Support Quality and Engineering on the completion of compliance matrices during proposal stage
- Working with Supply Chain and Quality to flow down technical requirements, compliances and specifications to suppliers
- Producing comprehensive technical specifications, scope documentation, and define guarantee points
- Working closely with product engineering to determine appropriate system designs, modifications from base configurations, and evaluate technical performance risks.
- Supporting the technical sale along with sales personnel and the proposal manager in support of technical meetings, transfer of applicable data, creatively solving project-specific challenges, and customer and market development (e.g., trade events).
- Supporting the proposal manager in developing templates and tools for use in the capture and proposal development process.
- Building effective cross functional relationships throughout the organization, with particular focus on the Marine core team.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or marine engineering
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering role supporting business development and sales in the power, combustion, marine, or energy industries
- Demonstrated problem solving skills related to complex customer, site, or project requirements that balance cost, performance, risk, and compliance with the request
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What would make you stand out?
- Design modeling software experience (AutoCad, ProEngineer, etc)
- Experience in marine diesel engine and subsystems design and development
- Experience with US Navy military performance specifications (MIL SPECs)
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Application Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016078
EEO Employer Verbiage: