Expansion Joint Builder 2
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25182
- Build varied style expansion joints including joints that require reinforcing wire using various hand tools and power tools
- Working from build sheet follows build procedures and work instructions for building varied styles and sizes of expansion joints
- Hoists form to building location; cleans marks and locates arch core on form, applies release agent to form as required.
- Using hand and power tools, builds joint applying materials in proper sequence
- During building, trims and cuts pieces, applies solvent and cement to ply, "cords" joint, applies wire and solders as required, presses and trims flanges
- Welds coil on joint
- Lays out, cuts, and prepares material for press built expansion joints
- Maintains and orders raw materials using re-order point signals
- Installation of molds into clamshell press
- Operation and set up of clamshell press for molded joints
- Inspects and may build over FEP liner
- May prepare joints for curing by wrapping or in other manner
- Works closely with Production Control and expansion joint personal in matters pertaining to manufacturing schedules, order priorities, material and tooling issues
- In addition to the expansion joint building operation, the following work is considered an integral part of the builders' duties when required
- Prepares or makes arch cores
- Cleans and repairs curing plates and forms
- Repairs slip bands, tack welds plates, breaks tack weld on slip plates and the attendant work of slip bands including any grinding or fitting of flange plates.
- Re-cuts material for joint during the building operation.
- Moves forms and joint within the unit during the building operation as necessary.
- Any other work incidental to preparation, building and completion required.
- Use of computer to perform all necessary input including maintenance request, near miss reporting, material requests, and any other incidental information required.
- Records daily production and passes on all pertinent information to effected people in area as required, including electronically or written.
- May also work with and assist process engineer in developing new style joints or processes and work instructions.
15. Operates fork-truck to assist in material handling.
16. Cares for equipment, hand tools, performs daily inspections, and tasks to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
17. Builder #2 usually progresses from the smaller sized joints to the more difficult ones as proficiency on the job is acquired. May eventually progress to Builder #1 when performance on all types and sizes of joints meet the requirements as to quality and quanity.
Palmyra, New York, United States
18.83 - 20.03 USD
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Expansion Joint Builder 2
Requisition Number: 2016087
EEO Employer Verbiage: