Customer Service Manager
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 25216
This leadership position is accountable for providing detailed direction, and coordinating all facets of Customer Service Department Activities. This position will also work closely with Outside Sales, Product Management, Application Engineering, Finance, Information Technology, and Operations. The goal is to provide world class service to our internal and external customers through product expertise and the desire to improve performance.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, and retains a high performing Customer Service and Inside Sales team.
- Executes regular coaching sessions, through one on one sessions and scheduled observation times to improve performance and to tap into each individual potential. Provides feedback on a regular basis.
- Partners with Leads to create well defined developmental plans and conducts semi-annual performance appraisals for team members.
- Drives process improvements, leads by example, embraces change with positive outlook, supports Agile Teams, and communicates vision to entire team and shares vision with all other departments within GPT.
- Acts as liaison with Outside Sales, Product Management, and Operations in order to facilitate sales growth of GPT Products.
- Identify opportunities to drive business while building/managing customer relationships.
- Assist team in managing the urgency of the customer's requirements. Helps coordinates with production control to obtain less than lead time delivery dates, expedited deliveries or move ups on new or existing orders.
- Instructs team on how to advise customer of special handling charges, overtime and/or other charges that may be associated with less than lead-time deliveries or cancellations.
- Fully versed on the day to day activities and becomes a working manager as needed to ensure expected Customer Response times are met.
- Provides leadership and support to Customer Experience Team. Ensures team is involved with these activities.
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of GPT product, services, and company policies.
- Continuously pursues growth and learning.
- Maintains and manages customer service related metrics. Ensures that results are displayed and shared within GPT and readily available to our customers.
- Regularly seeks customer feedback, shares information gained, takes action on suggestions and recommendations.
- Adhere to all company and OSHA standards and maintain a safe and clean work space.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Builds Effective Teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Balances Stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Cultivates innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years of experience working in Customer Service
- 5+ years of Supervisory/Management experience required
- Ability to travel, up to 15% annually
- Proficiency with computers, ERP Systems, and Microsoft Suite
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Manager
Requisition Number: 2016090
EEO Employer Verbiage: