Machinist - Manual/CNC Apprentice to Journeyman
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta CA
Job Number: 25285
Why should you join Compressor Products International (CPI)?
With roots dating back to 1897 our global customers count on us for the service and solutions that keep their businesses running. With our expert knowledge of compressor operation and extensive field experience gained from over 120 years of collaboration with compressor manufacturers and users, we are proud to help drive growth in the markets we serve.
We are also proud of our culture of safety and the relentless focus we hold on creating a healthy work environment for our employee's. Our leadership has committed to the best-in class training and education programs as we strive to recruit the best people and provide them the opportunities to help them grow professionally as well as personally.
Compressor Products International invests in YOU!
Purpose: To set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Starts and operates typical manual machines including, but not limited to lathes, mills, drills, grinders, and saws. Position is expected to know how to operate a diverse variety of machines, at the accepted industry standards for the type of tooling being used.
- Read and understand engineered drawings, blueprints, charts, process sheets, tables and parts blow ups and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005".
- Manufactures complex parts, maintains calibration of tooling and complete calibration forms as required.
- Sharpens and sets tools.
- Works with all metallic and non-metallic materials.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Ability to select appropriate tooling for the work to be done.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments.
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to industry standards.
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments, uses gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- Complete log books for each job, at each workstation.
- Maintain work area to the highest housekeeping standards.
- Monitor and maintain equipment as per maintenance requirements.
- Perform non-production related work as requested by the shift leader.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Works with minimum supervision
- Mentors and trains junior machinists
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer telephones in a professional and positive manner in line with the CPI Phone Etiquette procedure
- Ability to work independentl
- Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention.
- Analytical skills
- Developed judgment skills
- Solution broker
- Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to initiate and complete projects within a specific timeframe
- Must be able to make minor decisions
- Must be able to follow routine procedures.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) oriented
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime as required
- 5+ years of experience as a machinist
- High school diploma
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining.
- Must be deemed competent by Journeyman if not completed certification
- All required & company specified HSE tickets
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
City: Medicine Hat
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medicine Hat, Alberta CA
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist - Manual/CNC Apprentice to Journeyman
Requisition Number: 2016096
EEO Employer Verbiage: