Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25290
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you.
Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Training Instructor at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of maintenance and repair of reciprocating engines to educate Customers, Field Service personnel, Channel Partners, and other Fairbanks Morse employees on the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our products and associated system components. You will support the development of new curriculum, training aids, and methods of instruction, while also updating and enhancing the current curriculum.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of training activities, including:
- Instructing groups of 6 to 12 people with a wide range of experience and aptitude on Fairbanks Morse product lines in 1- and 2-week courses
- Developing and maintaining training curriculum on all relevant engine lines
- Supporting the development of new curriculum, training methods, and the use of new technology
- Maintaining a safe working environment and upholding Fairbanks Morse safe working requirements
- Assisting with the scheduling, promotion, and sale of Fairbanks Morse trainings to both external and internal customers
- Creating and maintaining training aids on engine line products
- Performing routine administrative tasks to support training
What are we looking for?
- 2 years of college OR a minimum of a high school diploma/GED with hands-on experience working directly with Fairbanks Morse engines
- 5+ years of experience with the maintenance and repair of reciprocating engines
- A high degree of competency with Microsoft Office Suites, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team
- A learning mindset, the willingness and ability to learn and develop new ideas
- Travel up to 25% of time to customer sites to conduct training and attend professional classes to expand skills and learn licensed engine information
What would make you stand out?
- Experience in an instructional field
- Experience with at least one of Fairbanks Morse's product lines, such as Colt-Pielstick (PA6B, PC2, PC2.5), Opposed Piston, ALCO, MAN
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
EnPro Industries companies, including Fairbanks Morse, are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Training Instructor
Requisition Number: 2016099
EEO Employer Verbiage: