Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25292
Supplier Quality Engineer
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Supplier Quality Engineer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) to support the continual improvement and maintenance of the ISO 9001 registered Quality Management System and 10CFR50 Appendix B quality program for both manufacturing and aftermarket service operations.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of Supplier QA activities, including:
- Performing effective and compliant supplier quality system audits
- Ensuring on-time and accurate submission of quality audit reports
- Managing the external audit schedule to ensure audits are completed within specified intervals
- Documenting supplier corrective action requests and verifying effectiveness of actions implemented
- Reviewing and approving supplier material certifications and the qualification of new suppliers and/or processes
- Assessing supplier process controls to ensure product is manufactured to meet requirements
- Performing product source inspections at supplier sites
- Leading the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the Quality team to achieve business objectives
- Performing internal quality system audits and implementing improvements to make the quality system more efficient and effective
- Maintaining and authoring relevant ISO compliant procedures as they pertain to the Supplier Quality function
- Reducing costs through participation in company-wide lean initiatives
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical field, or a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Quality Engineering or Supplier Quality Engineering function supporting a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Auditor or Quality Technician in manufacturing environments
- Experience performing supplier quality audits in different manufacturing environments, including supply chain improvement
- Demonstrated ability to implement new processes into the ISO9001:2015 quality management system that result in continuous improvement of supplier performance
- Ability to work within an ISO system and perform documentation in that system
- A high degree of problem-solving skills through application of basic quality tools, along with root-cause analysis
- Communication skills, including verbally and technical report writing
- Action-oriented mindset with the ability to establish working relationships with people at all levels, internally and externally, as well as being able to work independently
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Travel up to 50% of time to perform supplier audits and support supplier improvement activities
What would make you stand out?
- Experience auditing military or nuclear welding program quality requirements
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt with proven lean manufacturing experience
- ASQ certified quality auditor or certified nuclear lead auditor
- Fabrication skills or exposure to fabrication, machining, welding, or casting and forgings
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016097
EEO Employer Verbiage: