Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25297
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you.
Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Logistics Analyst at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of supply chain logistics to oversee all transportation related activities, including transportation metrics and financial performance. You will analyze, optimize, and manage traffic to ensure both inbound and outbound shipments meet on-time delivery demands of the manufacturing operation and customers.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of logistics activities, including:
- Managing transportation metrics and financial performance while working to reduce both the carrier base and transportation costs.
- Analyzing freight lanes, patterns, and identifying opportunities for consolidation and lane optimization.
- Ensuring Fairbanks Morse is compliant with legal requirements, particularly as it pertains to import and export regulations.
- Competitively bidding and negotiating freight rates with various carriers at the local, regional, and international levels.
- Resolving freight invoice issues and carrier claims
- Creating carrier guides annually, or as needed, based on price, delivery, and service quality.
- Assisting with scheduling of daily shipments from the Distribution Center as required.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in and a fundamental understanding of coordinating and managing export shipments, both inbound and outbound
- Experience within a shipping, logistics, or supply chain position
- Familiarity with customs and other regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience using an ERP program
What would make you stand out?
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Analytical thinking skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
EnPro Industries companies, including Fairbanks Morse, are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Logistics Analyst
Requisition Number: 2016100
EEO Employer Verbiage: