Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25327
General Nature of the Job:
- A Manufacturing Engineer in the Garlock Klozure Operations Team will be working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment that revolves around a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment.
- A successful candidate will have a high degree of technical troubleshooting ability, a strong ability to communicate across all levels of the business unit, a passion for solving problems and teaching others the solution as well as having a high degree of business acumen.
- The skillset outlined above is integral in helping the Klozure Operations team be successful in fulling both customer and business needs on a day-to-day basis.
- It is expected that the individual will be able to balance multiple projects, of both long and short duration as well as incorporating the day to day manufacturing troubleshooting needs.
- Additionally, this individual should be a self-starter, who is willing to act with a sense of urgency; willing to take ownership of the work they are assigned, as well as adjacent needs of the organization.
- Support daily production demand. Assist in the resolution of daily manufacturing problems, including troubleshooting machine issues, process issues, and quality issues.
- Identify, recommend and implement manufacturing process changes that will continue to propel the Klozure manufacturing operations as our business landscape changes.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing processes and required documentation including, but not limited to, work instructions, procedures, standard work, lock-out/tag-out, process flow/routings, labor standards, bill of materials, etc.
- Effectively and efficiently identify the root cause of production scrap primarily focused in a rubber compression molding setting. Relentlessly lead activities to eliminate the root causes, thereby reducing the overall scrap rate
- Investigate and recommend the purchase or improvement of manufacturing equipment and facilities to increase efficiency and productivity in operations. Develop and submit capital funding requests, with justification. Plan and oversee the installation of new equipment.
- Attend/Perform review of near misses and safety meetings. Investigate and develop corrective actions to resolve safety issues or near misses. Plan, organize, and conduct projects to resolve safety issues through engineering controls
- Exhibiting leadership, taking ownership for meeting the needs of customers inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to be able to manage several projects, as well as day to day activities, while maintaining a relentless focus on execution and high quality resolution.
- Effectively interact with all levels of personnel, including operators, engineers, managers, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering. Other education background with relevant experience
- 5+ years of work experience in an engineering role
- Strong ability to interface, collaborate, listen, teach and implement ideas from all areas of the manufacturing organization (P&IC, Engineering, IT, Marketing, etc.) and support employees with varying degrees of technical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, potentially changing focus multiple times per day
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills with products such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Product Suite, etc.
- Mechanical product design experience using SolidWorks or AutoCad
- Experience with rubber compression extrusion and/or molding
- Experience with sheet metal forming
- Experience with Oracle & Qlikview
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Working Conditions: Restricted area, manufacturing floor (protective clothing, safety glasses, safety shoes) & office environment, some travel (10%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016101
EEO Employer Verbiage: