Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Job Number: 25370
Performs specialized and general Inside Sales functions requiring knowledge of company policies and procedures governing customer service, sales, pricing, contracts, product specifications, ordering requirements, credit requests, and applications. This role will act as an inside sales person primarily responsible for sales to existing accounts while supporting quotes and the Business Development Specialists with new business inquiries. The breadth of scope will include the sales process from marketing, initial inquiry, quote and receipt review of order prior to entry into the ERP system..
- Handle accounts, as assigned in collaboration with Business Development team, from inquiry to receipt and review of purchase order including daily decision making to facilitate growth of assigned territory, market or accounts.
- Act as a liason between the Business Development Specialist, customer and manufacturing plants regarding quotes and pending orders as required.
- Professionally processes customer requests via multiple communications methods (Telephone, Fax, EDI, Internet, ERP System, etc.). including, but not limited to Quoting, reviewing Purchase Orders for completeness and compliance, Special Pricing Requests, Special Shipping Requests and other related items prior to entry of a sales order in the ERP system. This requires facilitating quotes for existing and new business with the Business Development Specialists and Applications Engineering.
- Maintains accurate records of all correspondence received and sent, including formal quotations, internal memos, procedures, instructions, technical data, etc.
- Keeps management informed and solicit support for large orders and quotes, problems encountered and resolved, situations pending resolution, and customer feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Conduct work per established department procedures and guidelines including Pricing,Quoting, Customer Relationship Management and Configuration Price Quote software systems.
- Provide forecasts and input for regular business reviews in coordination with the Business Development Specialist assigned to the territory, market or customer.
- Facilitate customer visits to the manufacturing plant(s).
- Works to improve customer relations, computer skills, business unit processes, and industry and product knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in administration, management, accounting, or engineering preferred but not required or must have 3 - 5 years of account representative experience.
- Must have strong business writing and professional telephone skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess proficient multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to make quality decisions, possess a keen sense of urgency and excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a positive professional business demeanor.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist
Requisition Number: 2016109
EEO Employer Verbiage: