Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25398
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks More team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Quality Engineer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of manufacturing quality audits to provide technical expertise and work collaboratively to ensure successful product flow and improvement of quality systems. You will take the lead on any quality issues and bring them to the wider team and management, and help create direction for the production teams by dispositioning non-conformances while using your problem-solving and corrective-action skill set. From the wider program teams down to the engine-line specific staff, this position will see you liaise with multiple stakeholders and seniorities.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of quality engineering, including:
- Performing comprehensive audits of quality systems, both internal and external.
- Dispositioning non-conforming items and leading root cause investigation and implementation of corrective actions to eliminate internal and external sources of failures.
- Reviewing and approving material substitutions.
- Leading APQP activities for new programs.
- Developing, documenting, and implementing process controls to ensure product is manufactured to meet requirements.
- Coordinating customer and third-party observed inspections.
- Ensuring on-time and accurate submission of quality records to customers.
- Performing quality systems process analysis and implementing improvements to make the quality system more effective.
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or similar focused discipline.
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineer (Quality, Manufacturing, Process, or Continuous Improvement) in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of process control implementation and basic quality tools (e.g. scatterplots)
- Ability to read and understand technical blueprints, including weld symbology, and GD&T.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good visual acuity including color perception (annual eye exam includes color perception).
- Ability to lift or handle parts up to 35 pounds as needed without a lifting device.
What would make you stand out?
- Master's degree in in Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or similar focused discipline.
- Industry experience within heavy manufacturing or the marine power sector.
- An action-oriented mindset, with the ability to establish working relationships well with people at all levels
- Communication skills, both verbally and written, including technical terminology
- Problem-solving skills, utilizing research and data
- Planning and organizational skills
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016112
EEO Employer Verbiage: