Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25416
An Operations Leader with diverse strengths is being sought to lead multiple facets of a high mix dynamic operation in the KLOZURE business. Continued development of a forward looking operational vision and plan in conjunction with the staff and team development are key components of the role. Maintaining and improving upon on-going operational performance in an effort to continue to enable business growth is paramount. The successful candidate will work with the senior leadership team and the current Sr. Operations Leader to continue to build on the successes of the team. This position is a key part of organizational succession planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a strategic vision for the manufacturing operations (Order to Shipment), consistent with the Garlock and KLOZURE commercial goals and strategy. Facilitates planning and priorities of available resources to reach vision.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through selection, training, development, compensation and motivation of all personnel. Develops talents necessary to obtain short and long range goals by effective communication, development and leadership. Develops organization's structures and staffing requirements to reach visionary objectives.
- Leads manufacturing teams through the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with our core values of Safety, Excellence, and Respect. Utilize open flow of information, cooperative problem solving, and data-driven decision making. "SPQDCE" shall be at the core of the team's mindset and activities - Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Environment.
- Responsible for development of Operational budgets and Operational Business Plan (BPD) and associated Key Performance Indicators. Monitors activities and results, deploying countermeasures as necessary.
- Leads team in development, evaluation, improvement, and documentation of new or existing manufacturing processes, materials and/or equipment using sound engineering practices that are data driven and fact based. Utilize scientific problem solving methods that test and validate process improvements.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Action Oriented: Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning
- Manages Complexity: Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years broad engineering, manufacturing, or leadership experience
- Supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or related operation
- Computer skills in MSOffice
- Communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Manager
Requisition Number: 2016115
EEO Employer Verbiage: