Navy Solutions Sales Manager
Location: Norfolk, Virginia US
Job Number: 25425
Navy Solutions Sales Manager
Remote (Norfolk, VA preferred)
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Navy Solutions Sales Manager at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge and existing relationships with the engineering and procurement groups across the US Navy to sell solutions. You will focus on the aftermarket sector side of our business, specifically within the marine segment, and also grow our market share of parts and services via custom solutions specific to the US Navy.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of US Navy marine sales, including:
- Presenting and developing the Fairbanks Morse aftermarket marine parts, services, and solutions to existing and new customers within the marine industry with an emphasis on US Navy and Coast Guard.
- Researching and identifying potential customers for approach on products and services.
- Attending industry-related conferences, workshops and exhibitions, and preparing and delivering presentations to customers, potential customers, and trade groups.
- Handling customer requests including pricing, delivery, and terms and conditions of sale.
- Keeping informed on industry news and trends including competitor analysis and emerging technologies within the marine and defense industries.
- Partnering with internal teams, specifically the Project Management, Solutions Management, Technical Service, and Field Service groups throughout the lifestyle of a sale.
- Collaborating with sales support teams to develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements.
- Supporting the Marketing department on promotional development plans, media engagement, and any other new marketing materials for the customer or trade shows.
- Taking a leadership role in all customer-related activities, including visits to existing customer locations, to the service centers across North America, and to the plant in Beloit.
What are we looking for?
- Direct experience partnering with the US Navy's engineering and procurement groups
- 4+ years with a completed bachelor's degree
- 8+ years with a completed high school diploma
- The initiative to lead and influence
- Strong communication and time management skills
What would make you stand out?
- A completed bachelor's degree, preferably in business or engineering
- Experience in a sales focused role selling to shipyards, naval engineering firms, or vessel owners/operators
- A comprehensive understanding of marine sales sector, including experience negotiating and interpreting contracts
- Experience with an ERP system or sales management focused CRM system
- A veteran of the US Navy or US Coastguard
- Residing in Norfolk, VA, Washington DC, or San Diego, CA
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norfolk, Virginia US
Community / Marketing Title: Navy Solutions Sales Manager
Requisition Number: 2016118
EEO Employer Verbiage: