Manufacturing Data Analyst
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25427
Manufacturing Data Analyst
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Manufacturing Data Analyst at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your passion for engineering and technology to help create a more streamlined and efficient internal parts inventory system. You will be responsible for the development of various Business Intelligence solutions, including the design of reports, dashboards, and other strategic initiatives for customer and business needs in the aftermarket segment.
Within this entry level position, you will take full ownership of the aftermarket segment's business intelligence function, including:
- Developing Business Intelligence reports and dashboards, such as for inventory management, inventory planning, and ERP maintenance.
- Providing information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, and making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Validating the data warehouse feeds into the reporting tools.
- Conducting data investigations and assisting business partners with complex data analysis and ad-hoc queries.
- Working to enable business partners in the development of their own reports and dashboards.
- Monitoring queries and report behavior to assure performance KPIS are met.
- Providing training for end-users as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Completed bachelor's degree, preferably in a field of engineering
- 6+ months of experience as an engineering intern or in a technical-focused position within a high mix manufacturing environment, including the exposure to an inventory database management, particularly parts inventory
- A passion to learn more about business intelligence tools, databases, data warehousing, multi-dimensional/relational data, and data hierarchies
What would make you stand out?
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool, preferably Qlik or QlikView
- Knowledge of Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Daily Business Intelligence, Oracle XML Publisher, Oracle Reports, SQL, SQLPlus
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Data Analyst
Requisition Number: 2016120
EEO Employer Verbiage: