Project Manager, Navy Solutions
Location: Norfolk, Virginia US
Job Number: 25452
Project Manager, Navy Solutions
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Project Manager, Navy Solutions at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of the marine and maritime sector to support project management for all of Fairbanks Morse business segments, specifically focusing on a large scale project with our main customer, the US Navy. You will plan, manage and execute service solutions projects, including major service projects, to our oil and gas, marine and/or power generation customer base. As a project owner, you are responsible for ensuring achievement of all project objectives agreed upon in writing in the project's contract.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of project management, including:
- Managing assigned projects with respect to engineering, manufacturing, scope of work, risk, budget, schedule, quality, safety, and contract administration through all the project phases.
- Coordinating with our chief customer, the US Navy, to meet requirements for project reporting, site inspections, change order management, claims management, and final configuration.
- Establishing project financial targets in collaboration with the commercial manager based on cost and margin approvals for the negotiated contract.
- Conducting project planning activities for both the whole project and individual sub-projects and work packages, including structuring core process and cross-process tasks.
- Assuming responsibility for all commercial and legal aspects of contract execution through the warranty period, including processing and attaining payment, tracking costs, and maintaining required insurance or financing safeguards.
- Appointing and coordinating core execution team members and activities in collaboration with the appropriate business leaders to demonstrate contribution to project success.
- Conducting project reporting and internal controlling (financial status, project plans, performance progress, quality, risk, and non-conformance cost reports).
- Collaborating with peers and others within Fairbanks Morse to exchange experiences and information to improve on execution and to develop segment-specific tools and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Completed bachelor's degree, preferably in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or project management
- 5+ years of commercial experience and demonstrated successful project execution and/or engineering experience in the power generation, oil and gas, and/or marine/maritime industries
- Ability to lead and influence an indirect team of 5-10 individuals
What would make you stand out?
- MBA with a concentration in operations management or project management
- Industry accepted project management accreditation, such as a PMP, CPM, or Prince2
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norfolk, Virginia US
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager, Navy Solutions
Requisition Number: 2016124
EEO Employer Verbiage: