Large CNC Machinist
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25453
Large Engine CNC Machinist - 2 nd Shift
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: shift differential/premium, health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Large Engine CNC Machinist at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of CNC machines to work exclusively on some of the largest engines on the planet that help keep the US Navy & Coastguard safe. You'll be responsible for operating a large CNC machine tool, such as a Vertiram, which will include mills, horizontal or vertical lathes, an overhead ram, machining center, and a horizontal boring bar. You will also set up the CNC machines using tools and equipment, such as palatized systems and dual pallets, needed according to machine requirements.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of large CNC machines, including:
- Establishing reference points and sets offsets to make trial runs or prove out tapes as required.
- Working to tolerances of +/- .010 overall by checking centers and inter-related locations.
- Operating one to two machines simultaneously and occasionally deburring, checking work, or presetting tools during machine cycle.
- Using the appropriate measuring instruments such as gages, board gauges, micrometers, indicator, blueprints, process documents, hand tools, etc.
- Maintaining standard work files, program files, fixtures, tooling.
- Keeping machine clean and performing daily routine maintenance checks.
- Handling medium weight materials by hand and heavier materials by hoist or overhead crane.
- Working with a variety of materials, such as castings, forgings, aluminum, brass, steel, etc.
- Receiving assignment, drawings, process documents, program tapes, manuscripts and/or verbal instructions from the team.
What are we looking for?
- Direct experience operating and setting up large horizontal and vertical mills in a low-volume, high-customization machining environment
- 5+ years with a high school diploma
- 2 years+ with a technical school certificate or two-year associate's degree
- Experience working with overhead rams, palatized systems, dual pallets, vertical turret lathes, horizontal bars, and large CNC machines, such as an Ingersoll milling machine
- Experience deciphering and interpreting technical drawings, blueprints, and manuals
- Ability to pass a physical, drug screening, and audiogram
What would make you stand out?
- Ability to edit and write programs in G code and M code
- Direct experience of working with giant diesel engines
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Large CNC Machinist
Requisition Number: 2016125
EEO Employer Verbiage: