Inside Sales/Product Specialist
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 25456
This role performs specialized and general Customer Service & Inside Sales functions, acting as a liaison between the customer, inside and outside segment business units, and other internal functional departments. The successful candidate will use knowledge of internal customer service procedures, pricing, product specifications, ordering requirements, returns, credit requests, and applications, to effectively work with the customer and internal business units. Candidates should have experience of customer service, inside sales or account management within a manufacturing organisation.
- Professionally processes customer requests via multiple communications methods (Telephone, Fax, EDI, Internet, ERP System, etc.). Including, but not limited to Auditing orders, Order Entry, Quoting, Returned Materials, Billing Adjustments, Special Pricing Requests, Special Shipping Requests and other related items.
- Maintains accurate records of all correspondence received and sent, including formal quotations, internal memos, procedures, instructions, sales orders, technical data, etc.
- Coordinates with production to obtain expedited delivery dates and/or reschedule new or existing orders. Advise customer of special handling charges, overtime and/or other charges that may be associated with less than lead-time deliveries or cancellations.
- Act as Account Specific Representative for strategic markets and key accounts for making day to day decisions related to customer issues.
- Keeps management informed about large orders and quotes, problems encountered and resolved, situations pending resolution, and customer feedback. Advises other operating departments regarding order changes, expedited delivery dates, past due situations and customer complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Works to improve customer relations, computer skills, business unit processes, and industry and product knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in administration, management, accounting, or engineering preferred but not required or must have 3 - 5 years of manufacturing/business customer service, inside sales or account representative experience.
- Must have excellent business writing and professional telephone skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess proficient multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to make quality decisions, possess a keen sense of urgency and excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a positive professional business demeanor.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Inside Sales/Product Specialist
Requisition Number: 2016135
EEO Employer Verbiage: