Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 25500
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the development, adherence, and reporting of quality processes and data throughout the production process.
- Help develop and lead a culture of quality in all stages of design and production
- Develop and maintain quality assurance plans for responsible area
- Leads efforts to resolve customer complaints and product returns via defect analysis, root cause identification and implementation of irreversible corrective actions
- Proficient in the measurement of parts and tooling via industry accepted measurement devices and systems including, but not limited to, micrometers, verniers, calipers, Pi tapes, non-contact/vision/laser devices, coordinate measurement machines and comparators
- Control and maintain incoming inspection documentation and requirements
- Develop and maintain in-process inspection and reporting process including thorough data collection
- Interface with supply chain personnel to resolve purchased material quality issues. Issue formal supplier non-conformance reports and follow-up to verify robust corrective actions.
- Support and/or champion system audits including but not limited to ISO, nuclear, customer, internal and third party. Ensure conformance to standards
- Contact/visit customers and suppliers
- Lead supplier qualifications and part approval activities. Conduct supplier audits
- Understand and communicate customer requirements. Assist with customer contract reviews from a quality conformance perspective
- Train employees on any and all aspects and components of the quality system
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Situational adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Four year degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in quality required
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
- Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016145
EEO Employer Verbiage: