Location: DeLand, Florida US
Job Number: 25545
Why should you join the Technetics Group?
Technetics Group is world leader in the design, testing and manufacturing of sealing solutions, components and subassemblies. We are focused on the mindset of continuous improvement of our employees and our products whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction to our global customer base.
We are part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We pride ourselves on our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- Offering you exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation & benefits packages including medical, dental and life insurance, 401K match, and tuition reimbursement.
- We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
As a Production Supervisor at Technetics Group you will ......
Become an integral part to our production team in DeLand that is responsible for manufacturing machine steeling components and acoustic materials for the aerospace and defense industries. You'll be very hands-on, driving the production schedule and spending the majority of your time will be on the floor working alongside, coaching, supporting, and empowering hourly employees. You will lead the production team through any changes or efficiencies with manufacturing processes while ensuring the safety of the staff and quality of the product.
Additional responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include:
- Assisting the Operations Manager in the development and implementation of operations plans in accordance with the Plant Strategic Plan and Vision.
- Driving process improvements through Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) analysis.
- Updating the production plan on a daily basis, tracking and communicating shop order status.
- Following up on any production issues and helping to minimizing the impact on schedule, deliveries and product quality.
- Utilizing root cause analysis and other continuous improvement tools to manage corrective actions.
- Managing, coaching and developing a high performing production team through clear and concise objectives, delivering best practices, adding value and continuous improvements.
- Reporting on achievement of targets and identifying any actions required.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying training needs and coordinating training for the team in an organized and strategic fashion, ensuring flexibility while maintaining a balanced and smooth product flow.
- Monitoring employee and team performance to ensure financial metrics are met (optimize efficiency and minimize variances/discrepancies).
- Managing payroll system, attendance system, and performance standards of direct reports along with Department Manager.
- Engaging in the new product introduction (NPI) process; including floor space requirements, staffing, and training.
- Establishing a safe, productive environment in which employees feel empowered.
What are we looking for?
- Direct experience in a manufacturing and production environment working with an MRP
- 2+ years with a completed bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably engineering
- 5+ years of experience with a completed high school diploma
- Currently in a leadership role responsible for the growth, development, and supervision of production workers (hourly staff)
- Familiarity with ERP business systems, such as Oracle or Macola
- Ability to lift up 35 pounds of weight and be on your feet for prolonged periods daily
What would make you stand out?
- Experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment or with relevant production techniques (machining, welding, fabrication)
- Actively pursuing or completion of a Lean certification
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as engineering
EnPro Industries companies including, Technetics Group, are known for their focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
DeLand, Florida, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: DeLand, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2016151
EEO Employer Verbiage: