Information Security Manager
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25552
Information Security Manager
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, unlimited vacation, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an IT Security Manager at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of information security to provide leadership and strategic vision for our enterprise security initiatives. You'll manage the cyber security environment for all of Fairbanks Morse sites and be accountable for the daily tactical operations and overall execution of our IT Security. From regulatory and data privacy compliance to forging strong relationships with internal and external business partners you will ensure strategic business decisions are implemented with security in mind.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of cyber security, including:
- Directing a strategic risk management vision that scales overtime to effectively secure the business without slowing company innovation, execution and ability to compete for new business in the midst of increased regulations.
- Influencing internal and external constituents and relaying best practice recommendations based on evolving threat landscape to protect intellectual property.
- Focusing on building a security ambassador program to expand the depth and reach of IT security across the business.
- Defining KPIs and metrics that align with business initiatives and delivers them to non-technical individuals in an effective, comprehensible manner.
- Facilitating security governance conjunction with an information security advisory board and third-party audit reviews of internal departments and reports results to management and security oversight committees.
- Being accountable for all enterprise IT security policies, including security technology architecture, controls, monitoring and response objectives.
- Collaborating with other security leaders in the industry, including DOD, to build a strong external network and partnering with vendors to build relationships and develop product enhancements.
- Interacting with business units to understand their plans and how information security can securely enable them to execute their vision and business obligations, including disaster recovery.
- Collaborating closely with VP, IT to asset safeguarding and the creation of annual budgetary planning proposals.
- Supporting automation implementation to maximize team talent and reduce time wastage routine tasks.
- Facilitating awareness training for company employees on information security topics including budgeting to train technical staff members as a ‘people-first' leader, recognizing the varying strengths, skills and needs of the team.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or an Information Security related field
- Hold at least one cyber security certification, preferably a CISSP (CISSP, CISSP, CISM, CCISO)
- 10+ years of experience in IT engineering, specifically as a network engineer or security engineer, preferably working across a Cisco network
- 5+ years of experience in information security management in a highly regulated industry at an organization with multiple locations and a similar company size, including direct fiscal responsibilities and regular interface with key business leaders
- Must have a strong technical background and fully understand threats, risk mitigation and technical controls to lead a team of security professionals through corporate obligations and defenses
What would make you stand out?
- Industry experience within the heavy-duty manufacturing vertical
- Multiple cyber security certifications completed (CISSP, CISSP, CISM, CCISO, CompTIA Security+)
- Master's degree in Information Assurance, an MIS, or an MBA
- Possess a PMP or similar project management certification
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security Manager
Requisition Number: 2016153
EEO Employer Verbiage: