Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25554
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Lean Leader at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of the industrial continuous improvement to help support manufacturing process improvements across Fairbanks Morse facilities. In this high-profile role, you'll coordinate with shop floor Supervisors, Managers, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineers, and Union employees to help improve our lean methodology processes, concepts, approaches, and methodology.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of lean engineering processes, including:
- Leading as a change agent in institutionalizing all aspects of the lean methodologies.
- Seeking, sharing, and implementing lean methodology, tools, roadmap systems, and best practices.
- Working to solve production issues identified by Supervisors and Managers out on the shop floor.
- Supporting and participating in complex process improvement projects, including long-term improvement projects
- Maintaining machine capacity across the site
- Leading equipment rearrangement and layout activities
- Assisting in work cell and product flow design and implementation
- Leading 6S and Kaizen events
- Providing basic lean training for all employees
- Continuing to enrich personal knowledge in manufacturing, operational, and business process improvement through lean events and activities, and inspire learning.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience within a manufacturing process improvement role
- Knowledge of lean methodologies, tools and practices within a project management environment, including reporting and tracking via digital metrics
- Experience defining, analyzing, and resolving problems and process weaknesses through root cause analysis
- Exposure to working in a matrix environment with multiple prioritization timelines
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Must be statistically literate with strong oral and written communication skills
What would make you stand out?
- Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Strong knowledge of data analysis (Excel and Minitab)
- Experience working with Union employees
- Leadership experience in Operations, Manufacturing, or Quality
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Lean Leader
Requisition Number: 2016155
EEO Employer Verbiage: