Senior Industrial Engineer
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25598
Senior Industrial Engineer
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Senior Industrial Engineer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of industrial engineering in manufacturing environments to help lead the Industrial Engineering team. You will partner cross-functionally across teams, including Production, Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Materials Management, and Program Management, to achieve organizational business goals and objectives. You will perform analysis to drive down capital purchase costs while reducing waste on resources, materials, and equipment.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of industrial engineering, including:
- Developing financial analysis for capital equipment purchases, product cost reduction projects, and quality initiatives, and provide recommendations. Managing plant cost reduction tracking program.
- Planning and allocating resources, materials, and equipment for maximum utilization of production facility and personnel.
- Establishing physical layouts for Machining, Weldry and Assembly operations to promote most efficient sequenced workflow.
- Utilizing lean, six sigma, 6S, team building, effective communication, and project management skills to perform essential job functions and develop effective action plans.
- Providing recommendations for optional shift schedules for critical Manufacturing, Machining, Weldry areas.
- Leading efforts to improve existing manufacturing processes with the outcomes of improved quality, reduced costs, and increased productivity.
- Participating in safety incident reviews and driving ergonomic improvements.
- Developing solutions to a variety of routine problems using computer and logic-based methods.
- Driving a problem-solving mindset amongst the team, by utilizing A3 problem-solving methodology.
- Supporting company policies and procedures, good manufacturing practices, and overall goals and objectives.
- Adhering to the environmental health and safety regulations in an effort to provide a safe work environment.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering
- 7+ years of direct engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience improving processes by implementing lean methodologies, time studies, plant layouts, manpower calculations, and line balancing
- Experience in conducting cost/benefit analysis and business analytics
- Capable of utilizing data modeling techniques and methods, including Linear Programming
- Experience implementing time-studies, plant layouts, manpower calculations, and line balancing
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
What would make you stand out?
- Educational emphasis in Analytics
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Strong project management skills and proven motivation to drive results
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Industrial Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016167
EEO Employer Verbiage: