Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25603
In the Maintenance Support role you will be responsible for a variety of tasks revolving around the general day-to-day operational activities of the Maintenance department. A successful applicant will need the capabilities of performing a variety of roles under the following disciplines:
- Maintenance Supervision
- Maintenance Planning
- Maintenance Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance processes: Plans, schedules, and coordinates maintenance activities, focused on preventive, predictive, and equipment reliability processes and programs. Investigate new technologies & processes, and lead the implementation of improvements to the equipment reliability processes.
- Maintenance Management System: Primary administrator of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS.) Reviews information being input into the CMMS for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that data files are complete and current. Coordinates the input of equipment additions and maintenance tasks into the system. Provides reports to the finance department necessary for cost allocations and financial reporting of maintenance costs in operations. Provides reports and publicizes metrics necessary to improve maintenance department performance.
- Work order management & planning: Assist maintenance supervisors in managing incoming work requests, analyzing job requirements, and determining materials, equipment and labor needs. Ensure the maintenance work is ready to be performed and that there are no delays during the execution of the work. Monitor & report on the backlog of maintenance tasks and projects. Work to sustain and improve the work management process.
- Scheduling: Develops a weekly schedule and assists the maintenance team and operations in determining job priorities. Maintains a complete and current log of work orders within the CMMS.
- Maintenance parts management: Assist maintenance management team with improvements to the inventory management system and inventory control across the campus.
- Identifies, analyzes and reviews equipment maintenance problems with operations, maintenance, and engineering teams. Revises the maintenance management system as necessary to improve and enhance facilities & maintenance operations.
- Assists in training and educating maintenance, facilities, operations, and engineering colleagues in maintenance management.
- Maintenance supervision: May directly supervise personnel. Acts as back-up for maintenance supervisors.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Required Job Qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience in a required discipline or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to develop into a support resource for Maintenance Connection.
- Must be able to establish work schedules, and make decisions with little or no direct supervision.
- Factory environment, stationed within the process
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Support
Requisition Number: 2016162
EEO Employer Verbiage: