Help Desk I Support Specialist
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 25610
Our Garlock Sealing Technologies team currently has an opportunity for a Help Desk Support Specialist to provide quality technical operations support from our Denver, Colorado manufacturing site. As a Help Desk Support Specialist, you will provide both Tier I and Tier II end user support via the ServiceNow support ticket system. In addition, you will help support Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based systems including all associated email and collaboration systems.
Opening: Help Desk I Support Specialist
- Provide first level resolution / support to end users including remote call technical support, local desk side support, and issues escalated from the Global Services Desk on desktop, laptop, telecom, printer, applications, mobility, and peripheral components.
- Configure hardware, roll out IT patches and refreshes, and liaise with the wider EnPro Corporate IT team on security system upgrades and patches.
- Complete new PC implementations and relocations and provide users with one-on-one technology training.
- Utilize the company's Global Service Desk ticket system, ServiceNow, for all incidents and requests.
- Maintains a best-in-class customer-service focus and attitude at all times and holds others
accountable for the same.
- Ensures utilization of the service management tool, ServiceNow, for logging, managing, and resolving incidents and requests.
- Assist with technical documentation and contribute to the creation / publishing of knowledge base articles used by all levels of support.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Collaborates- Building partnership and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives in a timely manner to support the business
- Customer focus- Takes initiative to learn about internal and external customer needs, builds and delivers solutions that meet customer needs, maintains effective customer relations
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Action Oriented- takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Accountability- holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Required Qualifications of the End User Support Specialist:
- Minimum of an Associate' Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science related discipline, Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- 3+ years of demonstrated, successful experience refurbishing and configuring devices/hardware while troubleshooting Tier I and Tier II support requests in the following technical areas:
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, wireless troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft CM2012 and ServiceNow
- End user support in a Microsoft Office365 environment, preferred
- Physically able to safety lift and move full tower PCs, desktop printers and LCD monitors
- Currently undertaking or looking to undertake continued education such as Microsoft certifications is highly preferred
Garlock Sealing Technologies offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
About Garlock Sealing Technologies
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
Learn more about how Garlock Sealing Technologies is committed to developing solutions where it is needed most in the world by visiting www.garlock.com
Garlock Sealing Technologies is part of EnPro Industries and companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
40,000.00 - 50,000.00 USD
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Help Desk I Support Specialist
Requisition Number: 2016169
EEO Employer Verbiage: