Oracle Business Solutions Analyst
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25611
Oracle Business Solutions Analyst
Palmyra, NY or Wheat Ridge, CO
Why should you join Garlock?
Garlock, a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
You would be joining an organization that designs and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions that help promote our motto of ‘ a culture of excellence, guided by safety' to our customers around the world.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential:
- We can offer you significant career development opportunities as well as competitive salary and benefits packages that include health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, three weeks of vacation, and 13 paid holidays including a Christmas holiday shutdown
- As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work
As an Oracle Business Solutions Analyst at Garlock you will ......
Responsible for interacting with application development and support services within a mixed architecture matrix. You will analyze and problem solve everything from complex application problems, to meeting the needs of users, to directing interaction with end-users and vendors as a strategic partner.
Additional responsibilities of the Oracle Business Solutions Analyst include:
- Interacting regularly and directly with the wider business, in particular the groups using the Quota to Cash modules (ex. customer service, product management, etc), and hold close working relationships to ensure industry and best practices are employed
- Creating and maintaining training documentation and providing training for end-users
- Assisting with the implementation, integration and support of 3 rd party systems with Oracle EBS
- Providing research, analysis and problem resolution including creating and monitoring of service requests with support vendors and Corporate IT Shared Services
- Configuring applications and interpreting functionality for business users and helping document functional and technical specifications for application configuration and submits to developers for time and cost estimates
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing optimization strategies
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Gathering requirements using document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Selecting systems and capabilities to meet business data requirements and evaluate new techniques for improved functionality
- Managing projects, developing project plans, monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
What are we looking for?
- Completed high school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of strong in-depth functional knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite's Quote to Cash (Q2C) business flow modules, preferably with Oracle 11i in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
What would make you stand out?
- Completion or pursuit of an associates or bachelor's degree in related field
- Exposure to Oracle configurator, via support or implementation.
- Member of a team that was a part of a system implementation, like an ERP or other 3 rd party service such as an eCommerce platform
- Support or implementation of Oracle Configurator, Oracle iStore or EDI
- Knowledge of analysis or reporting tools such as QlikView as well database concepts such as schemas, tables, and views including experience in developing SQL queries
EnPro Industries companies including, Garlock, are known for their focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Oracle Business Solutions Analyst
Requisition Number: 2016168
EEO Employer Verbiage: