Information Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 25620
Information Security Engineer
Why should you join the EnPro?
We are a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We pride ourselves on our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns.
Our people, processes and organizational culture drives continuous improvement and exceptional performance in every facet of our company. Our recent growth is supported by our investments in innovative technology and new capabilities that enhance the value we deliver to our customers around the globe.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- Offering you exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation & benefits packages including medical, dental and life insurance, vacation, 401K match, and tuition reimbursement.
- We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
As an Information Security Engineer at EnPro Industries you will become an integral part to our information security team at our head office in Charlotte, NC. You'll be driving the IT best practices by planning, implementing, and supporting cybersecurity projects and initiatives across a highly matrixed environment. From partnering with remote divisional IT operations teams to driving the adoption of security standards and principles, you will aid the deployment of our new security capabilities.
Additional responsibilities of the Information Security Engineer include:
- Supporting the enterprise cybersecurity program, including a focus on security operations, secure architecture design, and security automation.
- Researching and deploying validated support solutions that aid security and business needs.
- Developing and maintaining automation scripts to support recurring tasks.
- Conducting regular system tests / assessments and recommend solutions and best practice improvements.
- Responding promptly to security incidents and provide thorough post-event analysis
- Improving risk and vulnerability management programs through infrastructure security assessments, risk assessments, and vulnerability analysis.
- Providing technical leadership to organizational technology and security projects.
- Developing project timelines for ongoing system projects and upgrades.
- Researching emerging trends, technologies, threats and vulnerabilities within cybersecurity.
- Mentoring and guiding junior IT professionals.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience supporting an information security engineering and operations performing security monitoring and incident response activities as well as client, server, and operations projects and initiatives in a Windows environment
- Sound programming and scripting knowledge with PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or another language
What would make you stand out?
- Experience supporting regulatory compliance requirements such as GDPR, DFARs, and/or PCI
- Exposure to industry cybersecurity frameworks (ATT&CK, NIST CSF, Cyber Kill Chain)
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure)
- Active member of Cyber Security community (Black Hat, DEFCON)
- Continued education, such as a bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline or industry certifications (GCIH, GMON, GPEN, OSCP, AWS)
- 4+ years of experience supporting an information security engineering and operations performing security monitoring and incident response activities as well as client, server, and operations projects and initiatives in Windows and Linux environments
EnPro Industries companies including are known for their focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016171
EEO Employer Verbiage: