Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Job Number: 25636
The Machine Specialist will s et up and op erate a variety of manufacturing equipment to produce precision reliant, critical parts for the Aerospace and Industrial markets . The person in this role will perform moderately complex to extremely complex fabrication, modification and assembly of various high performance seals under mi nimal supervision, supporting prototype and production builds. The Machine Specialist will also apply knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures . The person in this role is expected to espouse core company values, act as a subject matter and technical expert, and play the role of a key influencer in the department as well as the plant.
- Reads and interprets blueprints to accurately machine parts to specifications.
- Lays out, rolls, forms and bends, fabricates, and installs sheet metal components.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, roll forming or CNC .
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations and manufacturing.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Properly maintains shop tools and equipment, and consistently produces a quality product.
- Active ly participates in Safety Committee and continuous improvement initiatives .
- Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
- At least 3 years' experience operating eng ine lathes, milling machines , CNCs or other conventional machine tools required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required .
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering d ocumentation required.
- Ability to use measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, pi tapes, etc.) required.
- Metal forming, machine set-up and machine calibration experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Oracle, Macola , etc.) highly preferred.
- Willing and able to learn, train and adapt to changing priorities and schedules required.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrates great inter personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Be able to use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Be able to reach overhead
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift and/or move 35 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Machining Specialist
Requisition Number: 2016172
EEO Employer Verbiage: