Production Team Lead- Rubbermolding 2nd Shift Flex
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 25646
Leads department to meet customer demand and achieve production performance metrics by adhering to lean methodologies, promoting safety, developing team members, and effectively communicating with the rest of the organization. Continuously seeks out and implements productivity improvements.
Shift: This position is a principal 2nd shift team lead with potential necessity to work flexible shifts as business demands.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Meet Production Demand- Works with Manufacturing Shift Leader to schedule safety meetings, productions, manpower, material/inventory requirements, training needs, and continuous improvement suggestions through adherence to kanban model.
- Leadership- Ensures a safe work environment while coaching and guiding team to meet performance metrics (Safety, Quality, Production, Delivery, and Cost). Promotes positive interactions among team members and encourages individual development. Communicates and enforces adherence to company policies
- Communication and Coordination- Effectively conveys information to team, other leads, and supervisors. Communicates shift leader's directions to colleagues regarding defined metrics and daily requirements to ensure that each department maintains or exceeds these metrics/requirements.
- Continuous Improvement- Supports kaizen events and cost reduction activities. Champions 5-S and productivity improvements through innovation. Assists in developing and enforcing standard work practices throughout cell.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 2+ years manufacturing operations management experience in a LEAN environment.
- Basic computer skills
- A passion for employee development and improvement
- Excellent team building skills for diverse groups
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- An ability to communicate with those at all levels
- Min of High School Diploma
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs)
- Some sedentary work with occasional standing/walking
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment/parts
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Near Acuity: See clearly at ≤ 20 inches
- Depth Perception: Judge distance & space relationships
- Field of Vision: See peripherally
- Accommodation: Adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Color Vision: Distinguish and identify different colors.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Team Lead- Rubbermolding 2nd Shift Flex
Requisition Number: 2016177
EEO Employer Verbiage: