Facility Maintenance Manager
Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Job Number: 25648
The Facility Maintenance Manager will plan, organize and direct facilities security, repairs, maintenance, and general operations. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a bias for action. Possesses ability to multi-task and lead projects to ensure they are completed within timeframe and budget. Responsible for driving a culture that promotes collaboration and a commitment to excellence, safety, and respect,
The Facility Maintenance Manager must be able to meet and maintain company guidelines by performing the following essential job functions:
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for facility maintenance.
- Select, train, develop, empower and mentor team members. Provide leadership, coaching, and individual development planning for the Facilities Maintenance team. Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques. Proactively support team performance and drive accountability for assigned job responsibilities for facilities maintenance.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; develop and manage preventative maintenance plans to maintain interior and exterior of assigned facilities; identify resource needs and review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Responsible for determining priorities and assigning personnel to various jobs; determining the nature and extent of work to be performed; procure needed maintenance supplies and materials; receive and evaluate bids and price quotes for maintenance projects.
- Coordinate with engineering, operations and cross-functional teams to support facilities and equipment requirements for new product development. Implement CAPEX equipment purchases for new products to optimize safety and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain all facilities maintenance, procedures, training, and controls ensuring that products and services conform to company standards of excellence. Collect, maintain, and analyze maintenance performance using the plant Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Develop, organize, and maintain preventative maintenance (PM) and safety inspection programs for facility and equipment. Continually improve equipment uptime metrics.
- Develop, implement, and maintain emergency contingency plans and conduct equipment risk analysis.
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the facilities maintenance processes, key performance metrics, and overall cost savings.
- As required, participate in FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Risk Mitigation, Kaizen, Process Control Plans, ROPE walks, and problem solving projects.
- Participate in production meetings and cross-functional discussions related to product safety, quality, and delivery.
- Drive site storage facilities management.
- Commit to life-long learning by reviewing applicable publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of pertinent technical developments. Continually improve technical knowledge of product portfolio and maintain relationships with relevant professional & educational societies.
- Perform any other assigned duties as directed by management.
- Ensure communication and compliance of the Technetics' Quality Policy, and internal and external standards. Build and maintain a safety and quality driven culture and adhere to AS9100 quality standards.
- Technical College/Associate Degree; 4 year degree preferred.
- Basic knowledge including plumbing, HVAC, Industrial electrical components, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Pumps, Motors, Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Leadership experience, including 2 years supervisory experience in building maintenance.
- Experience managing and/or maintaining a Preventative Maintenance program.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Predictive Maintenance and Reliability Engineering preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications, prints, electrical diagrams, common business documents, and industry publications. Ability to respond effectively to inquiry or complaints from manufacturing personnel. Ability to write reports or procedures and effectively present information to management, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of servant leadership in a team-based manufacturing environment.
This position has responsibility for 0-5 direct reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Up to 5% travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Facility Maintenance Manager
Requisition Number: 2016175
EEO Employer Verbiage: