Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25675
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an Order Planner at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of materials planning to aid business needs and programs within the Beloit head office. From coordinating with Customer Service, Production Planning, and Purchasing to providing achievable delivery dates for our global sales orders, you'll be at the heart of Fairbanks Morse.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of materials management, including:
- Reviewing sales orders entered for lead time achievability while also providing answers for requests on improved delivery times.
- Understanding ABC classification of parts and the steps involved in providing customer service with lead time for each type.
- You'll provide back-up support for Supply Coordinator while also managing deadlines based on project expectations.
- Analyzing quoting demand to make inventory suggestions to inventory analyst.
- Supporting customer service, as well the sales team in quoting expedited delivery of spare parts by providing the best manufacturing lead times. You'll also expedite fees and any tradeoffs that are required.
- Updating all relevant metrics and performance indicators in the directed cadence and updating part lead times in the material master database.
What are we looking for?
- High School Diploma or GED minimum, with working experience in Operations, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management
- Strong understanding of Materials Resource Planning (MRP) processes and software
- Experience using ERP systems
- Understanding of new product/project planning principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
What would make you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Working knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM), drawings, and routings
- Exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing principles
- Completed APICS certification
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Order Planner
Requisition Number: 2016193
EEO Employer Verbiage: