Large Engine Tester - 2nd shift
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25676
Large Engine Tester- 2nd Shift
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks More team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: shift differential/premium, health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a 2 nd shift Engine Tester at Fairbanks Morse, you will be responsible for working on a collaborative team practicing safety and respect. This is a high visibility position with direct contact to customers during the final stages of test - your work keeps our US Navy and Coastguard safe. You will utilize your mechanical and electrical aptitude to test the quality and performance of our award-winning engine lines for our customer base, including the US Navy. You will cover physical engine maintenance and operate and perform test cycles to collect performance data.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of engine testing, including:
- Following all testing and safety procedures and regularly monitor all sensors and readings during engine testing.
- Operating the control panel and other instruments during testing and diagnose irregularities in performance and make corrections.
- Lifting medium weights by hand and lifting heavier weights made with hoists or assistance.
- Following engineering drawings, blueprints, and technical specifications.
- Setting up and disconnecting units on test block, including connecting generator, water dynamometer, and all piping.
- Using PLC and Scada programming to keep data integrity.
What are we looking for?
- Direct experience repairing, diagnosing, or testing diesel technologies (ie. diesel engines)
- 2+ years with a high school diploma
- Entry level with a completed trade school certificate or two-year degree
- Experience deciphering and interpreting technical drawings and manuals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Ability to pass a physical, drug screening, and audiogram
What would make you stand out?
- Completed technical certification, associate's degree or bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated interest in giant diesel engines
- Product testing experience, preferably engines, including experience following engineering drawings/specifications and setting up and disconnecting units on test block
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Large Engine Tester - 2nd shift
Requisition Number: 2016131
EEO Employer Verbiage: