Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement
Job Number: 11763
Technetics (an EnPro Industries company) is seeking a Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement to join our world-class CNC Machine shop in Houston, TX. As Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement you will manage all aspects of the value stream including safety, people development, quality, delivery, and cost within a matrix structure. You will be responsible for building robust quality systems in current and future machining and assembly processes and for driving continuous improvement initiatives including on-time delivery and lead-time reduction. You will also be responsible with developing long term product success through new product implementation.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and will be asked to view the department as their own business. Furthermore, success in this role will ultimately depend on your ability to balance driving business results with people development.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement:
- Embrace role of safety ambassador and foster continual safety and environmental improvements
- Lead continuous improvement process by identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities
- Ensure customer delivery schedules are met by coordinating production scheduling and staffing
- Monitor employee and departmental performance to ensure financial metrics are met
- Coach and mentor employees and identify training needs
- Coordinate training to assure flexibility while maintaining a balanced and smooth product flow
- Manage payroll, attendance system, and performance standards of direct reports
- Assure the availability of sufficient back up tooling through cross training to minimize downtime
- Engage in early stages of NPI process for a smooth transition to production
- Champion team communication and development
Required Qualifications / Education of the Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Familiarity with ERP and Quality Systems
- Lean manufacturing and training experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement:
- Experience managing CNC production and familiarity with CNC and manual machining
- Previous experience working with plastics
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification
Technetics offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid time off.
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight and innovation needed to meet the demands
of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global
manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one
industry, but many markets and applications.
Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor, Continuous Improvement
Requisition Number: 2014816
EEO Employer Verbiage: