Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 12478
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We are looking for a specialist welding individual to join our Daytona Beach team in the role of EB Weld Specialist . In this position, you'll act as the local specialist for EB welding, assisting with problem solving as well as training operators and implementing continuous improvement initiatives. You may also be involved in EB welding machine calculations, data analysis, polishing, turning and numerical control inputs . This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career in your specialist area while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organisation.
What will you be doing as EB Weld Specialist?
- Acts as internal technical expert for EB Welding and provides support and expertise to colleagues and other departments in this area.
- Uses independent judgment and resourcefulness to solve complex problems in areas of manufacturing and welding which require advanced technical knowledge
- Performs complex calculations associated with offsets and welding schedules
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specs, prints and certifications
- Performs necessary in-process inspections as required
- Develops and manages projects to completion
- Assists in the identification, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes
- Performs basic to complex manufacturing
- Performs EB welding process troubleshooting involving equipment, software, mathematical formulas, offsets and human error.
- Understands lean manufacturing and assists in continuous improvement
- Trains other employees in basic processes and safe operation of equipment/machinery
- Conform to the company's culture of safety, excellence and respect, service and continuous improvement, while taking personal responsibility for your own actions and treating fellow employees, customers and vendors respectfully and ethically
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Technical and Science background with experience in multi axis machine programming.
- A strong understanding of math, algebra and geometry for performing complex calculations associated with offsets and welding schedules
- Specific knowledge and expertise in EB welding is desirable
- Demonstrates great inter personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.#
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Be able to use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Be able to reach overhead
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift and/or move 35 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Welding Technician/Specialist
Requisition Number: 2014873
EEO Employer Verbiage: