Quality Engineer - Aerospace Manufacturing
Job Number: 13080
Technetics Group (an EnPro company) is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our Quality Engineering team in Chicago/Harwood Heights. The Quality Engineer will mainly be responsible for defining the quality baseline to reflect the customer's requirements and Technetics' quality standards, by review of specifications, drawings, and manufacturing processes. Additionally, the Quality Engineer will have a critical role in interpreting quality requirements and translating them to support all phases of the manufacturing cycle, working closely with colleagues to initiate workable quality instructions and procedures. The chosen candidate will be expected to grow into a leadership role as we continue to invest heavily in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Participate in the creation and review of monthly company metrics
- Manage MRB and NCR processes including customer returns
- Lead problem solving initiatives along with the corrective action system
- Investigate and respond to all customer complaints
- Perform audits internally and externally to verify quality requirements are implemented and properly controlled
- Support QMS Audits, Customer Audits/visits
- Clearly defines all blueprint and customer applicable requirements
- Develop and implement meaningful inspection instructions through proper inspection methods
- Ensure all customer quality requirements are passed down to suppliers
- Conduct process and quality related training
- Interface with design and manufacturing personnel to resolve problems before product flow is affected and excessive rework and scrap is generated
Required Qualifications and Education of the Quality Engineer:
- 3+ years of Quality experience in aerospace or automotive industries
- Thorough understanding of AS9100 Rev D or ISO9001:2015 requirements
- Experience working with machined metal products (CNC turning, milling, grinding, lapping, etc..)
- Knowledge of GD&T and inspection techniques
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality Engineer:
- 5+ years of Quality experience in the Aerospace industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
- Six Sigma, PFMEA, close loop CAPAs (corrective and preventative action)
- Knowledge of metallurgy, heat treat, and NACAP (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program)
Technetics offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns.
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight, and innovation needed to meet the demands of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one industry, but many markets and applications.
Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer - Aerospace Manufacturing
Requisition Number: 2014925
EEO Employer Verbiage: