Supply Chain Supervisor
Location: Rome, Georgia US
Job Number: 13938
This position has the responsibility of developing productions schedules, selecting appropriate suppliers, negotiating prices and payment terms, making purchase commitments for the assigned services and/or materials and resolving issues regarding supplier OTD (on time delivery), shipping and invoicing errors with suppliers. This position will be responsible for achieving customer satisfaction for both our internal and external customers. The position will also have the responsibility of developing and maintaining supplier metrics, working alone or in teams to maintain appropriate inventory levels, provide support for new product development and communicate relevant information as necessary. As a supervisor, will provide resources and direct the team to ensure that there are sufficient internal control environment to meet the financial reporting and operations support needs for the company and to comply with the regulatory requirements.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop Daily Schedule for production. Develop future state of how we schedule Rome.
- Focus on Supply Chain Tactical Activities.
- Develop and implement commodity strategic plans and objectives focused on supporting the company's current and long-term goals or needs.
- Perform procurement functions within the guidelines of the company's policies, standard operating procedures and departmental procedures.
- Develop partnership/alliance relationship with assigned suppliers to establish reliable supply source for the company. Lead negotiations with current and potential suppliers for cost reduction and/or value added services.
- Communicate routinely, informally and formally, to peers, management, as appropriate, current information on supplier's shipments, process improvement activities, commodity-pricing trends and other relevant events and/or issues.
- Work alone and in teams for continuous improvement of internal and external processes and/or factors that affect quality, delivery, service, inventory levels and cost/price.
- Expedite supplier deliveries and conducts follow-up when necessary. Provide support and perform procurement functions for R&D/Prototype and Engineering team with new product development to reduce our time to market.
- Help resolve invoicing and shipping issues between suppliers and company accounting/receiving functions.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation, or equivalent in SC, highly preferred or required to be obtained within three years of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- specifically with external vendors/suppliers.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Master Planning or Scheduling experience.
- Buyer experience including contract negotiations, supplier development and new product development.
- Supervisory experience.
Rome, Georgia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rome, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2015010
EEO Employer Verbiage: