Field Service Technician, Northeast Territory
Job Number: 14512
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components and lubrication systems for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities.
At CPI we strive to recruit the best people, and provide them opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. We actively support our employees as they contribute to our shared success and achieve their full potential. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in Tullytown Pennsylvania.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for but not limited to installation, preventative maintenance & trouble shooting on lubrication systems. The technician will also work closely with the customer, which includes, sales, problem solving, along with building a good rapport with the customer in the process.
- Promotes safety and a safe working environment.
- Proper use of PPE for self and team.
- Work safely to adhere and uphold the safety rules of CPI and the Client, attend on site safety meetings, record and report safety incidents and issues.
- Supervise teams as needed on projects or worksite.
- Perform maintenance on large industrial size reciprocating gas and air compressors as well as other reciprocating equipment.
- Must understand and consistently apply the companies and/or clients policies and procedures.
- Assist with on the job training of both apprentices and interns.
- Responsible for identifying technical issues and resolving them in a timely manner.
- To observe and maintain all health and safety rules which are all bound by the law and also those specific to CPI.
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement in all aspects of all work at CPI.
- Detects malfunctions and recommends upkeep of compressors.
- Install replacement parts in compressors as needed.
- Be in direct contact and work with customers.
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Self manages while travelling out of town.
- Reports unsafe conditions or practices.
- Helps record injuries if they occur.
- Fosters a team environment.
- Applies good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Handles administrative duties of the position, including completion of required documents.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years industry related experience.
- The ability to travel up to 80% both domestically and internationally
- Must have flexible availability (on-call)
- Must be able to work overtime, night and weekends
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral
- Service Oriented
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team
- Strong Organizational Skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Some college/ Trade School are preferred
- Familiarity with Compressors
Tullytown, Pennsylvania, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tullytown, Pennsylvania US
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Technician, Northeast Territory
Requisition Number: 2015053
EEO Employer Verbiage: