Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 14618
Produce precision parts by use of CNC Mills and Lathes.
- Operates and adjusts CNC machines such as, but not limited to: mills, lathes, etc. in production of complex parts, assemblies, tool jigs and fixtures.
- Works from drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions to produce work to close tolerances.
- Uses appropriate shop math and trig to develop proper methods, and through experience and training is able to select appropriate feeds, speeds, and tools.
- Performs complex set-ups for self and/or others.
- Has thorough knowledge of use and application of inspection and test tools and gages to assure part conformance to drawing requirements.
- Uses and interprets appropriate statistical quality data and is able to identify quality problems through use of said data.
- High school Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a machine shop working with CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Must be able to read blue prints and have training or education in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be able to use and interpret precision measuring equipment. CMM experience is a plus.
- Basic programming skills is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Machinist
Requisition Number: 2015062
EEO Employer Verbiage: