Quality Technician-3rd Shift
Job Number: 15145
The Quality Technician role in Berea will perform duties required to insure all quality systems in the plant are functioning as designed. Work with operators, Area Managers/Shift Leaders, Q.A. Engineers, vendors, and customers in solving problems.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Keep laboratory and other QA areas clean and well organized to provide good impressions to visitors to the facility.
- Support day-to-day factory floor activity through inspections, measurements, and audits
- Inspect received materials, components, tooling, etc. to insure that they conforms to specifications and manage disposition for released and/or rejected product.
- Review supplier sample approvals for conformance to specifications and assist in supplying PPAPs (parts & documents) to customers.
- Support engineering and other departments with special projects and measurement needs.
- Establish & maintain measurement methods, measurement equipment use instructions, gage calibrations, and inspection procedures.
- Support quality management system (QMS) through safe practices, 5S, control and maintenance of quality documents.
- Work from Blueprints, geometric tolerancing and dimensioning, customer specification manuals, control plans, statistics, written and verbal instructions.
- Use personal computer to input data to produce graphs, reports, charts, and interpret data.
- Perform audits, layouts, and check a variety of finished product, WIP, and components, as required.
- Calculate SPC charts, conduct machine capability and gage R&R studies.
- Follow up on breakdowns in quality systems in the plant and at the vendors.
- Check parts, run simple experiments, observe processes, write reports, and communicate results.
- Write programs for CMM to check manufactured parts or fixtures.
- Set up, repair, and calibrate gages and update computer calibration system as needed.
- Record time and production information on proper forms.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations, and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- PC literate in Windows and/or Google applications, minimum word processing and spreadsheets.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new job duties and new technologies.
- Ability to accept delivery and manipulate received or returned products including removal from pallet.
- Successful experience working in a team environment that rapidly changes and requires collaboration.
- Ability to safely operate a fork truck including completion of fork truck training certification is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in quality lab, test lab, or similar environment.
- Associate or 2 year degree in a technology field preferred
- Ability to support day-to-day production quality needs via daily line audits, receiving inspection, suspect/defect containment, product sorting, measurement equipment issues, etc.
- Blueprint and specification reading and utilization. Ability to perform dimensional layouts.
- Able to use, repair, & calibrate a variety of precision measuring gages (calipers, micrometers, height gages, etc)
- Ability to program and operate a CMM, or ability to learn
- Ability to review and interpret audit sheets, measurement results, SPC charts and data.
- Ability to communicate and work with operators, vendors, or customers on quality issues as first line responder.
- Ability to write, edit, and communicate quality alerts and deviations.
- Ability to conduct internal audits
- Internal Auditor certification and experience with ISO 9001 and/or ISO 14001 is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of machining and assembly operations is a plus
- Certified Quality Technician through ASQ or equivalent a plus
Minimum 2 years work experience in quality lab, test lab, or similar environment
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Technician-3rd Shift
Requisition Number: 2015104
EEO Employer Verbiage: