Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 15227
The Embedded Software Engineer would be responsible for design, development, validation, release and launch of new products developed using ARM core processors. The individual has the ability to work in multiple projects that require embedded C language on ARM processors for the Innovative Tire and Mileage Solutions engineering department; This involves an active understanding of customer & marketing requirements during the entire product development cycle. It includes extensive research, executing technical feasibility assessments, planning, design and prototyping, validation and new product launch. The product engineer is responsible for continuous improvement of current production products and assistance with manufacturing process improvement, customer concerns.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Embrace the EnPro core values of Safety, Excellence and Respect in everything we do.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Interface with Engineering community for alignment, community-building, shared best practices, etc.
- A key role is to be recognized as the ITMS technical expert by supporting the sales teams during customer issues, develop our supplier base to meet the product specifications, and be involved in the manufacturing development process.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Concept generation, rapid prototype building, and first-pass testing
- Detailed design and analysis, including impact on COGS, and validation testing, including preparing test requests, reports and prototype requests as needed.
- Create new intellectual property for STEMCO.
- Establish product requirements for performance, durability and reliability together with any other customer wants/needs or any continuous improvement ideas.
Proven working experience in software engineering
Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
Solid programming experience in C or C++ on ARM core processors
Experience in Optimization of Code for battery energy consumption
Working knowledge of implementing wireless protocols is highly desirable
Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
Strong documentation and writing skills
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years of experience.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015108
EEO Employer Verbiage: