Job Number: 15314
Who we are...
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We are looking for a talented and energetic supply chain person to engage in strategic sourcing and build processes for our Columbia team in the Senior Buyer role.
Not just another employee number, at Technetics Group & EnPro Industries, you'll be...
A strategic sourcing specialist and a key component of Technetics Group end to end supply chain.
This position actively identifies requirements for purchases using MRP/ERP, customer and manufacturing forecasts, market conditions and discrete demand triggers; initiates and manages a source identification, quote / bid process, and Total Cost of Ownership and Risk Assessment to determine the appropriate supply solution. This position purchases / contracts for raw materials, components, services, supplies, testing and other items to enable company operations and customer satisfaction.
This position provides reporting on key performance indicators; engages in cross functional projects and problem solving to drive customer satisfaction and company performance. This position is responsible for new source identification as well as continuous improvement, and works closely with Sales, Quality, Finance, Engineering and Manufacturing functions.
What will you be doing in Supply Chain...
- Utilizes ERP / MRP system to plan and execute purchases for raw materials, components, supplies, services and other requirements.
- Conducts key strategic negotiations & contracting to ensure best price, terms, delivery, quality and alignment with commercial strategies. Includes RFX activities, source identification, qualification and contract management.
- Implements and maintains supplier risk assessment and segmentation. Analyzes and manages suppliers and material markets for cost reduction, risk mitigation, alternative options and opportunities.
- Utilizes and applies Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies and strategies to supply chain activities.
- Works across functions, sites and divisions to participate on / lead EnPro category teams, implement enterprise sourcing agreements and supply chain strategies to manage drivers and metrics including: DSI, DPO, RCOI, Working Capital and similar.
- Responsible for site metrics: Cost Savings, OTD, Supplier Quality, Service Level and similar.
- Participates on new product development (sourcing / costing)
- Manages spend cube data & provides analysis of opportunities
- Works cross functionally to calculate & establish stocking, replenishment & consignment levels for RM & supplies based on sourcing economies, business needs and efficiencies.
- Manages key compliance elements: Conflict Minerals, ITAR, etc.
- Lead, participate in and support global / cross functional teams in sourcing, new product development, capital equipment and process improvement.
- Ensures standardized work procedures for supply chain department are accurate and up to date.
- Serves on the continuous improvement Core Team to assist with the implementation and completion of various cost-saving measures.
- 5+ years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 3+ years of Technical purchasing and contracting required
- Bachelor's degree required; bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business preferred
- Experienced in all Microsoft Office applications, inventory / manufacturing software, such as MRP and/or Macola preferred
- Ability to interpret blue prints and technical specifications is helpful, but not required
- Proficiency with continuous improvement methodologies preferred
- Has a good understanding of products and manufacturing processes related to the business
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Buyer
Requisition Number: 2015113
EEO Employer Verbiage: