2nd Shift Production Technician 2-Rubber Molding
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 15391
Conduct the day-to-day production activities associated with assigned duties in the Rubber Molding Department.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Perform duties required to mold, assemble and package parts to customer specification and productivity/efficiency targets.
- Perform duties required to inspect molded parts and assemblies.
- Be able to manage a Kanban system.
- Perform job duties while utilizing EMLS principles.
- Member of a production team certified to perform associated functions.
- Learn and execute the process definitions that apply within the department, in order to deliver a quality product to our customers.
- Be able to set-up, troubleshoot and adjust molding machines and ancillary equipment.
- Participate in cross-training with other team members with the flexibility to effectively operate multiple machines/processes.
- Participate in core team and Continuous Improvement events.
- Be able to effectively work with others in order to achieve department goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and quality documents and drawings.
- 1-2 years experience working in a lean manufacturing environment, 2-4 years preferred.
- Required to use injection molding machines, mechanical trimmers, mechanical lifting devices, and computerized machine monitoring systems.
- Experience with machine specific software, height gauges, calipers, and basic hand tools preferred.
- Frequent standing, walking, use of hands to include reaching, balance, and talking/hearing.
- Occasionally stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), Ability to see color required.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
Eye and hearing protection, cut/heat resistant gloves, and steel toed shoes required.
This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and less than one year of experience.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Production Technician 2-Rubber Molding
Requisition Number: 2015123
EEO Employer Verbiage: