Product Information Specialist
Job Number: 15555
Product Information Specialist
Garlock (an EnPro company) is currently seeking a Product Information Specialist to add immediate value to our Marketing team in Palmyra, NY. The Product Information Specialist will mainly be responsible for the overall management and governance of product information including but not limited to maintenance, analysis, input and interpretation of data in support of internal/external customers, business systems, and eCommerce channels. Additionally, the Product Information Specialist will serve as both the subject matter expert (SME) and systems super user for relevant data systems.
A successful candidate will display ownership of the data and its use, be highly analytic, have a high degree of business acumen, with strong problem solving skills and a focus on continuous improvement
Responsibilities of the Product Information Specialist:
- Support on-going business continuity by managing product data, serving as the SME
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop, implement, and maintain best practices
- Communicate potential impact of changes in course or impact of non-compliance
- Serve as systems super user and resolve most system related issues from the user interface
- Escalate and liaise with IT or appropriate systems administrators as necessary
- Set standards and governance around the management of data; clean and standardize data
- Develop and maintain standards around creation of item masters, categories, BOM's & routers, and other data sets.
- Ensure compliance with data governance rules, build validation systems, perform quality checks, and initiate corrective actions
- Responsible for performing ad hoc analysis, with the ability to design, run and validate reports tailor to specific requests.
- Troubleshoot issues preventing order and quote placement and accuracy of data and reports
- Communicate updates on key performance metrics of information within software applications
- Lead projects to perform large scale changes or enhancements to data including updates to product attributes, manufacturing data, customer records, pricing, pricing structures, and general ERP and PIM improvements
- Act as Business Unit SME with division Product Information Analyst (PIM system administrator)
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve operational efficiency within applications
Required Qualifications and Education of the Product Information Specialist:
- 3+ years of data matter experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge and familiarity with product variation
- Exposure to Master Data Management (MDM)
Preferred Qualifications of the Product Information Specialist:
- Experience working for a Manufacturing company
- Oracle, Riversand, Qlikview, SAP, or any ERP, MDM systems
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Product Information Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015137
EEO Employer Verbiage: