Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 15597
This position writes new programs, or edits existing programs, performs set up and operates CNC machines to produce precision machine components.
- Programs, operates and adjusts CNC machines such as, but not limited to: mills, lathes, etc. in production of complex parts, assemblies, tool jigs and fixtures.
- Works from drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions to produce work to close tolerances.
- Uses appropriate shop math and trig to develop proper methods, and through experience and training is able to select appropriate feeds, speeds, and tools.
- Performs complex set-ups for self and/or others.
- Has thorough knowledge of use and application of inspection and test tools and gages to assure part conformance to drawing requirements.
- Uses and interprets appropriate statistical quality data and is able to identify quality problems through use of said data.
- High school diploma with a technical school education and working machinist knowledge or equivalent numerical control machining skills experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of CNC machine tool Programming & Operating experience producing quality parts using a variety of materials required.
- Preferred 10 years of CNC machine tool Programming & Operating Experience.
- Good knowledge of speeds and feeds, as well as, appropriate types of cutting tools for different applications.
- Ability to fully program using software or manually at the Machine control panel.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Ability to perform average to complicated mathematical calculations and resolve technical problems.
- Expertise in in multiple machine tools, e.g., CNC complex or multi-axis Lathe, CNC complex or multi-axis Mill.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives. Must be able to tolerate changing priorities, and complete assignments despite frequent interruptions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Programmer/Machinist
Requisition Number: 2015141
EEO Employer Verbiage: