Engineer - entry level
Job Number: 15645
Self-starting engineer with strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. The candidate will work closely with seasoned design, quality, and manufacturing personnel to develop, validate, launch and support new and existing products. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, ability to read technical drawings, and understand GD&T.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line. Exhibit respect for both customers and suppliers, while maintaining a focus on doing the right thing.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Provide technical support and guidance for crossfunctional product development teams.
- Assist in developing product requirements regarding performance, durability and reliability.
- Execute engineering analysis to ensure design robustness while minimizing test requirement and development timing.
- Develop and execute product test plans to qualify designs and suppliers.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality to troubleshoot product, process and supplier issues.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal supply chain personnel (for supplier development) to achieve supply chain excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar accredited curriculum
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently and in work groups
- Ability to read technical drawings and GD&T is a plus
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google. Ability to create and deliver high impact presentations to external and internal customers and use spreadsheets to perform engineering analysis
- Travel required up to 25%
entry level - less than one year
Livonia, Michigan, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Livonia, Michigan US
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer - entry level
Requisition Number: 2015143
EEO Employer Verbiage: