Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 15647
Who we are...
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We are looking for a talented and energetic Quality person to join our Houston team.
Not just another employee number, at Technetics Group & EnPro Industries, you'll be...
A professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to, development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, facility with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
What will you be doing in Operations...
- Managing long and short term projects that align with company quality directives based on the voice of the customer.
- Maintenance of Quality Systems (ISO 9000, UL Nadcap, 10CFR50B as required).
- Will understand audit principles and perform audits (internal and external) to various quality standards for adherence through gap analysis.
- Lead root cause analysis teams in problem solving endeavors.
- Effectively works with and communicates with all areas of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Sciences, Physics, etc.) or 6+ years of relevant experience.
- A fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems and professional ethics.
- The ability to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving.
- A thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools and reporting.
- Familiarity with Nadcap, Heat Treating, AS9100, 10CFR50B highly preferred.
- Basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up preferred.
- Possession of ASQ/CQE and/or CQA certification a plus.
- Lean certification is a plus
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015144
EEO Employer Verbiage: