Associate Field Service Technician - Houston
Job Number: 16277
*This position is based out of the Fairbanks Morse Service Center in Houston. This position will require international travel. *
An Associate Field Service Technician, AFST, is responsible for performing hands-on installation, commissioning, and service (scheduled or unplanned) on diesel engines serviced by Fairbanks Morse Engine under direction by a more senior service technician. The AFST shall maintain a professional and positive attitude, perform quality workmanship, and be responsive to customer needs.
- Demonstrate professional work skills in the repair, overhaul, or commissioning of diesel engines on marine vessels or at customer sites
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision for daily operations
- Perform shop operations including general machining, part inspections, assembly, and testing
- May be assigned to warehouse duties such as receiving, inventory, and miscellaneous shop duties
- Perform work related tasks in strict accordance with company product tech manuals.
- Complete on-the-job training (OJT) on at least one engine product line and supporting systems within the first year in this position.
- Keep current on Engineering Change Orders, Field Service Change Notices and Service Information Letters.
- Document work performed on Service Reports and record critical inspections
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines.
- Wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and in accordance with job duties
- Adhere to Safety policy guidelines.
- Report all work related accidents or injuries within 1 hour to the appropriate personnel.
- Complete annual safety training requirements as outlined on regional safety schedule.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
- Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, project reports, et al.
- Maintain company property according to company policies
- Vehicle, credit cards, PPE, test equipment, laptop, et al.
- Perform high quality workmanship
- Be responsive to customer needs and act as an FME ambassador of customer satisfaction
- Strive to provide all customers a "first time fix" for their equipment
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Required experience (High School Diploma or GED, and one or more of the following)
- ASDT ( Associate of Applied Science Diesel Technology)
- Three years military experience in a related field
- Equivalent industry experience
- Must be a reliable team player who consistently exhibits a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of diesel and spark gas engine test equipment and theory
- Basic understanding of gas compression and associated hazards.
- Must be able to read and interpret engine line diagrams and blueprints
- Basic foundation of pneumatic, PLC and electronic engine controls.
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to independently interpret product tech manual to troubleshoot engine problems
- Additional skills:
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle stressful situations with diplomacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have ability to frequently lift at least 35 pounds.
- Ability to travel (up to 75%) including weekends, evenings and holidays and in emergency situations travel on short notice. Travel is both domestic and international.
- Must be a US Citizen (due to government contracts)
- Maintain valid driver's license and qualify for company credit card
- Hazardous environments associated with heavy rotating equipment in gas compression, marine, and nuclear applications
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Field Service Technician - Houston
Requisition Number: 2015154
EEO Employer Verbiage: