Job Number: 16313
STEMCO Job Description
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reports To: Manufacturing Services Manager
Job Function: Engineering
Brand/Product Affiliation(s): STEMCO
Revision Date: 08/28/2017
Location: Longview, Texas
Direct Reports: None
The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical expertise, liaison and support to operations to assure that existing product requirements can be met at optimum quality and cost levels in a safe manner. The Manufacturing Engineer utilizes data to drive improvements to current processes and tools. Successful Manufacturing Engineers strive to assist operations in meeting customer demand and price targets while maintaining the roles and responsibilities listed below within STEMCO's culture. They are personally committed to actively improve personal performance and process/product knowledge.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Manage multiple projects centered on processes and tooling performance maintenance and improvements. Using data, resolve difficult problems and improve upon process characteristics with respect to print and capability requirements.
- Support equipment implementation or improvement of existing processes with capital investment and automation projects
- Execute plans that increase customer value by reducing cost and waste.
- Ensure operations' processes and systems that continue to comply with recognized quality management system requirements.
- Lead and actively participate in cross functional teams to implement solutions and continuously improve processes. Provide leadership to tooling/process problem resolution within operations and the die shop.
- Promotes safe practices in all activities. Identifies and assists in the reduction of ergonomic strains/concerns within manufacturing.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum Education (or Equivalent)
2 Years College
X Bachelor's Degree
Technical Certificate or Trade School Degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Technology or equivalent required. 3+ years of experience in Engineering capacity may be acceptable. 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing Technology, Problem Solving Skills, and ISO/TS 16949 or QS9000 preferred. Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Familiarity with computer aided design and basic working knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheets required. Experience manufacturing equipment, tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in a production environment required.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015157
EEO Employer Verbiage: